Are you applying toxins on your face?
Skincare is something which has become essential these days. If it is men or women, both take good care of their skin. Not only cleaning your face well but also using lots of makeup products on your skin to look beautiful have become today’s need.
Sometime I think that how our grandmothers use to look so beautiful without using all these skincare products? Many times I see many older age ladies look so graciously. Have you ever thought about it?
The skincare have been loaded with lots of chemical. Would you ever apply diesel, gasoline or lead on your face? Of course not! So, have you ever take closer look at what you’re putting on your face. So, today in this article I will share with you some harmful ingredients present in your skincare products.
Most of the skincare products contain products of petroleum, phthalates (a plastic property agent) and many other toxins. Mostly these products are not listed directly on the ingredients but they are hidden. So, I am sharing that how you can stay away from these toxic ingredients.
Why to avoid them?
These harmful ingredients present in skincare products are hormone disruptors and are carcinogens (Can cause cancer in living tissues). This all cause because when you apply something on your skin, it penetrates into skin and enters into blood stream.
There are some ingredients that have been banned by FDA for personal care products which is also the responsibility of the manufacturer but that’s not reassuring. So, I think it’s up to us, to be proactive.
Ingredients in Skincare product to avoid
- Fragrance: – We all like our skincare products to smell good and all the manufacturers know that and you will also find it in most products. Many skincare products contain synthetic fragrance and which consist of many harmful hidden ingredients. It consists of EDC i.e. endocrine disrupting chemicals which are further associated with many health conditions.
- Mineral Oil: – Mineral Oil is derived of crude oil and is in variety of skincare and cosmetics. In some products it is untreated and in some it is mildly treated which contains harmful impurities that are carcinogens. The mineral oil which is 100% pure and refined is considered to be safe, healthier and eco-friendly.
- Parabens: – Parabens are not good for your skin health that’s why many skincare companies deny to use them. So, as customers, we should also be alert and read labels and should demand change. Here is what you will find on labels: propylparaben, benzylparaben and methylparaben.
- Formaldehyde Releasers: – Formaldehyde release into the surrounding air and liquids. If you use skincare containing this chemical on your skin, it can go into air around which you breathe through your skin. Look at the label for quaternium-15, DMDM hydantoin, Bronopol, diazolidinyl urea or imidazolidinyl urea. These ingredients are called formaldehyde releasers as they release formaldehyde into the surrounding air and liquids.
- Synthetic Colors: – Artificial colors are mainly found in skincare like face creams, toners, cleansers, etc. These toxins and chemicals increase your risk of skin sensitivity and irritation. Artificial colors blocks skin pores and also increase the risk of acne breakouts. These colors get absorb into body and can also cause additional damage.
So, what is the solution to stay away from these toxin chemicals? The answer is Ayurvedic products. You can buy Ayurvedic skincare products because they contain natural ingredients and do not cause harmful chemicals which cause no side effects to skin. If you are looking for face care solution opt for Roop Mantra products. It is natural solution for skincare.
So, educate yourself and do your research before you buy. We have one life and one body; if it’s not taken care of, we could have to pay for it later. So I will be waiting for your comments and feedback. Do you check for ingredients in your product labels? Have you limit your exposure to toxic chemicals?